The Sexual Health Certificate Program begins with an annual plenary on the Friday before the Summer Institute begins. The first SHCP plenary was in July, 2009.
List of plenaries:
- 2009 "Why Talking About Sex Will Change the World"
Sallie Foley, MSW
- 2010 "Sexual Dysfunction: Medical and Psychological Interventions"
Stan Althof, PhD
- 2011 "The G Spot and Beyond: Research Concerning Women's Sexual Responses"
Beverly Whipple, PhD, RN, FAAN
- 2012 "Development of the Construct of Sexual Health: National and Global Strategies to Promote Sexual Health"
Eli Coleman, PhD (podcast available)
- 2013 "Girly Bits and Private Parts: A new view of sexual self esteem"
Hilda Hutcherson, MD (podcast available)
- 2014 "Sexual Diversity in the US: Findings from the 2012 National Survey of Sexual Health and Behavior"
Debby Herbenick, PhD, MPH (podcast available)
- 2015 "Testosterone, sexuality, and gender/sex"
Sari van Anders, PhD (podcast available)
- 2016 "Advocating Global Reproductive Justice in the Academic Space"
Timothy Johnson, MD (podcast available)