School of Social Work Award for Impact in Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The School of Social Work’s Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion established the Award for Impact in Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in Fall 2018 to recognize individuals or groups in the School of Social Work who have made significant contributions to advancing diversity, equity & inclusion in the School or in the community.
The call for nominations are announced each Winter semester and may be awarded to up to four individuals or groups.
View Current Award Recipients »
- Current School of Social Work students, faculty, staff, offices/groups and student organizations are eligible to be nominated.
- Any member of the School of Social Work community is invited to submit a nomination. Self-nominations are also welcome.
- Nominations are accepted through the online nomination form.
- Included in the nomination is a description of the nominee's achievements and qualifications related to diversity, equity, and inclusion and what makes the nominee exceptionally qualified for this honor.
Calls for nominations are sent out through the SSW listserv in the Winter semester and will include nomination deadlines.
Submit a Nomination »
Some of the qualities and experiences we look for in award nominees:
- Demonstrates a high level of commitment to diversity in service, teaching, scholarship, and advocacy
- Participates in, creates, and publicizes programs or events that promote DEI
- Facilitates opportunities to bring people in the School together across positionalities
- Demonstrates the use of scholarly and/or creative work to enhance the success of students, faculty, and/or staff of diverse backgrounds
- Displays commitment to valuing DEI above and beyond assigned job or academic responsibilities
- Works to enhance understanding and improve climate in the SSW community
- Leads efforts to increase diversity within the School or University
- Serves as a mentor to students who have a commitment to diversity and social justice
- Exhibits a commitment to the promotion and prioritization of anti-racism
Nominations are reviewed by a committee of students, faculty, and staff who review all nominations and make recommendations to the School of Social Work’s Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
The awardees are recognized during an awards ceremony and also featured on the School's website.
View Past Award Recipients »
For questions, please contact the SSW Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at email@example.com.