Contact My SSW Report Sexual Misconduct

Main menu

We're in Atlanta and Denver on October 18. Talk to an admission counselor about the U-M MSW and PhD program.View other cities SSW admissions counselors will be visiting soon. ×hide

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. Are applications for the Sexual Health certificate reviewed on a rolling basis?

    Yes. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants are encouraged to submit their paperwork as soon as possible.

  2. Are career services available to students and alumni of the School of Social Work?

    Yes. The School of Social Work offers career services to both current students and alumni of the MSW program. The Director of Career Services, Michelle Woods offers workshops on job searching, resume writing, interviewing, and licensure preparation each semester. The School also holds alumni ...

  3. Are continuing education contact hours available in disciplines other than social work?

    Currently, continuing education contact hours are only available in the field of social work. An application is being made for CME credit through the University of Michigan Medical School.

  4. Are F-1 or J-1 students eligible to work while enrolled in the MSW Program?

    Yes, F-1 and J-1 students are eligible to work up to 20 hours per week on-campus while enrolled at the School. Visit the UM International Center webpage for detailed information.

  5. Are international or out-of-state field placements possible?

    Yes, international or out-of-state field placements are possible, but require some extra planning. The School offers special programs such as the Global Activities Scholars Program, Jewish Communal Leadership Program, National Community Scholars Program, and Masters International Volunteer ...

  6. Are International students eligible to apply for financial aid?

    International MSW applicants may apply for scholarship (merit) aid from the School of Social Work. International students also may be interested in applying to a special program (Child Welfare Scholarship Program, Community-Based Initiative in Detroit, Geriatric Scholarship Program, Global ...

  7. Are jobs available on the college campus?

    Yes, positions are listed at the U-M Student Employment Office website. You should also fill out the SSW Student Employment Application Form to be placed in a candidate pool for employment in the School of Social Work at.

  8. Can I apply after the deadline for Integrated Behavioral Health and Primary Care Certificate?

    The priority deadline for applications is listed here. However, qualified applicants will be considered until the program fills.

Contact Us Press escape to close