Learning and Teaching During COVID-19

Contact My SSW Intranet Report Sexual Misconduct

Main menu

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. Are the MasterTrack courses and certificate credits easily transferable to other schools?

    No. The Certificate does not award “credit”; instead, it allows you to reduce the number of credits you take if you come to the University of Michigan School of Social Work. There are not any credits that can be transferred to another institution.

  2. Are the MasterTrack courses graded and are they pass/fail?

    Yes, they are graded and students must receive at least a 70% in the course to pass. Classes cannot be taken pass/fail.

  3. Are there any additional costs for the MasterTrack Certificate program such as textbooks?

    No, there are no additional costs. The MasterTrack Certificate will not require textbooks.

  4. Are there any career opportunities if I only complete the MasterTrack Certificate?

    Yes! There are a lot of jobs that look for knowledge/training offered by the MasterTrack. These positions may look like: case workers, advocates, coordinators, etc. Keep in mind that the MasterTrack Certificate is not equivalent to an MSW degree.

  5. Are there any in person meetings on campus if I am completing the MSW program online?

    Yes, all students will spend a long weekend in Ann Arbor, MI to start the program and complete an Introduction to Social Work course. Due to COVID-19, online students starting in May 2021 will complete their orientation weekend virtually. Students will also be invited to participate in the in-person graduation ceremony at the end of completing the program, but this is not required.

  6. Are undocumented and DACAmented students eligible for International Student/Scholar Health Insurance (IHI)?

    No. Internationals students with an F-1 or J-1 visa issued by U-M Ann Arbor are required to have health insurance coverage while at the university. Since undocumented and DACAmented students do not have an F-1 or J-1 visa, they are not eligible for the U-M International Health Insurance (IHI) plan.

  7. Are undocumented or DACAmented students eligible to apply to the Online MSW program?

    Yes. The student must reside within the U.S. and meet criteria for one of the following paths:

  8. As an international student, can I apply for financial aid?

    International students are eligible for merit-based financial aid from the U-M School of Social Work and special programs, but are not eligible for need-based financial aid (U.S. federal or state aid). Please see International Student Financial Aid for more information. Contact the Office of Student Services and Enrollment Management with any questions.

Contact Us Press escape to close