Contact My SSW Intranet Report Sexual Misconduct

Main menu

Sexual Health Certificate FAQ

  1. My organization wants to register several people to take a certificate program. What's the best way to register a group for a CE certificate program?

    We recommend that each participant reviews the program schedule and requirements and registers themself individually. Whoever is organizing the group and/or providing payment for the group should provide their contact information to all group members to list on their Press enter to read full text...

  2. What constitutes "at least one full year of relevant post-degree work experience" for the Sexual Health Certificate Program?

    For the sex therapy certificate: Applicants must have a minimum of a master's degree in a field of mental health from an accredited institution of higher learning (e.g. MA, MSW, PhD, PsyD, MD, MS).

    One year of relevant work in the field constitutes at least one full Press enter to read full text...

  3. What do I need to write in my personal statement?

    We ask that your personal statement include the following:

    1. Your personal and/ or professional journey that brought you to the field of sexual health
    2. What you hope to do with your training in sexual health
    3. Why you are choosing the SHCP

  4. What if I am having technical problems affecting my access to this continuing education certificate program at home?

    Instructions for addressing technical problems are provided in the course orientation information and on the course site. You may also contact the Office of Continuing Education at or 734-763-5723 (during business hours).

  5. What if I have a concern about the number of CE contact hours awarded or about the certificate program? What steps do I take to resolve this concern?

    Please see the CE Policies page.

  6. What if I just graduated from college? Does this experience qualify me for the Sexual Health Certificate Program?

    If you just graduated from college, you will need at least one full year of post-graduation work experience working directly with people in a 'helping' capacity.

  7. What if I need to cancel prior to the start of the certificate program? What is the refund policy?

    Notification of cancellation must be received by email two weeks prior to the first certificate session to obtain a refund ($50.00 administrative fee will be retained). Refunds after that date will not be made, though you may transfer your paid registration to another individual prior to the start of the program.

  8. What is the application deadline for the Sexual Health Certificate Program?

    There isn't a formal application deadline. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, and applicants will be considered until the program fills. After the program fills, applicants will be added to a waitlist and may be asked to consider enrolling in the subsequent year's cohort.

Contact Us Press escape to close