The University of Michigan Sexual Health Certificate Program begins with an annual plenary on the Friday before the Summer Institute begins. The first UMSHCP plenary was in July, 2009.
List of plenaries:
- 2009 "Why Talking About Sex Will Change the World"
Sallie Foley, MSW
- 2010 "Sexual Dysfunction: Medical and Psychological Interventions"
Stan Althof, PhD
- 2011 "The G Spot and Beyond: Research Concerning Women's Sexual Responses"
Beverly Whipple, PhD, RN, FAAN
- 2012 "Development of the Construct of Sexual Health: National and Global Strategies to Promote Sexual Health"
Eli Coleman, PhD (podcast available)
- 2013 "Girly Bits and Private Parts: A new view of sexual self esteem"
Hilda Hutcherson, MD (podcast available)
- 2014 "Sexual Diversity in the US: Findings from the 2012 National Survey of Sexual Health and Behavior"
Debby Herbenick, PhD, MPH (podcast available)
- 2015 "Testosterone, sexuality, and gender/sex"
Sari van Anders, PhD (podcast available)
- 2016 "Advocating Global Reproductive Justice in the Academic Space"
Timothy Johnson, MD (podcast available)