Contact My SSW Report Sexual Misconduct

Main menu

Sexual Health Certificate FAQ

  1. Are applications for the Sexual Health certificate reviewed on a rolling basis?

    Yes. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants are encouraged to submit their paperwork as soon as possible.

  2. Are continuing education contact hours available in disciplines other than social work?

    Currently, continuing education contact hours are only available in the field of social work. An application is being made for CME credit through the University of Michigan Medical School.

  3. Can I apply after the deadline for the Sexual Health Certificate Program?

    The priority deadline for applications is listed here. However, qualified applicants will be considered until the program fills.

  4. Do I come to campus for all Sexual Health Certificate Program courses?

    No. You come to the University of Michigan for the Spring Institutes and for courses that begin with "AT" (meaning Advanced Training). All other courses are taken off-campus (the list of class schedules can be found here). You will need a computer with a webcam and high-speed internet access.

  5. Do I have to apply online to the Sexual Health Certificate Program?

    Yes, we only accept online applications to the program.

  6. Do I need special equipment for this Continuing Education certificate program?

    Students will need access to high-speed Internet and a computer with a camera and microphone, for live Q&A with the program director. We will provide detailed, user-friendly instructions and technical support. Students do not need any special software to participate in this program.

  7. Do I need to send original undergraduate and graduate transcripts for the Sexual Health Certificate Program, or are copies sufficient?

    Original transcripts are required, and should be sent directly from your academic institution to the Office of Continuing Professional Education. Electronic copies must be submitted with your application.

  8. Does the University of Michigan Sexual Health Certificate Program (UMSHCP) certify me as a sex therapist?

    No. The UMSHCP is designed to give you the tools you need to practice and to pursue certification with an accrediting body if you wish. What UM provides at the completion of the program is certification that you finished the program. Although participants who have completed the University of Michigan Sexual Health Certificate can state: 'Completion of University of Michigan Sexual Health Certificate', we do not certify you for the practice of sex therapy.

Contact Us Press escape to close