Once you successfully finish your MasterTrack certificate and are admitted to the MSW program you can complete your degree on campus. The MasterTrack certificate reduces the credit hour requirement for the MSW from 60 to 45, saving you time and money.
Please note the MasterTrack Certificate alone is a non-credit bearing credential.
- You can waive an entire semester, which saves you time and money
- More than 500+ field placements
- You will have support from an admission counselor and academic advisor
- 300+ Scholarship opportunities
- 8 different curricular pathways covering a broad range of specializations
- Admission to the MSW program
- Successful completion of MasterTrack certificate
- Students will complete a 45 credit hour program including 14 credits of field instruction (912 clock hours)
- Transfer and advanced standing students are not eligible to participate in the On Campus MasterTrack MSW
Apply to the MasterTrack MSW
Your resume and interest form will be reviewed to assess eligibility to apply to the MasterTrack MSW program. Once approved, schedule an admissions consultation with the Office of Student Services and Enrollment Management, email@example.com
Apply to MSW Program, if eligible based on review. Your
application will receive a full MSW program admissions review.
Apply to MSW Program
Start your MasterTrack certificate either
before or after you receive an MSW Program application decision.
Students may be well advised to start the MasterTrack after receiving an offer of admission to the MSW Program.
Completion of the MasterTrack certificate does not guarantee admission to the MSW program.
After successful admission, complete your MasterTrack certificate prior to the start of your fall MSW on campus courses. You will have an individual course planning appointment to discuss part-time or full time enrollment options.
Join your cohort in Ann Arbor to complete your MSW degree.
- Begin courses online as early as 9/7/20 and complete the certificate 5/3/21
- Students who finish the MasterTrack certificate and are admitted to the program will complete an MSW degree in three (full time) or seven (part-time) semesters on campus
- Join your cohort in Ann Arbor on 8/21/21
MasterTrack Cohort 1
September 7, 2020 - May 7, 2021
Students may join this cohort up to October 12, 2020.
This course is available for students starting on 10/12/20.
|September 7, 2020
||October 5, 2020
||October 12, 2020
||November 30, 2020
|November 23, 2020
||January 11, 2021
||January 4, 2021
||February 22, 2021
||February 8, 2021
||March 29, 2021
||March 15, 2021
||May 3, 2021
View chart of timeline.
MasterTrack Cohort 2
November 23, 2020 - June 2021
MasterTrack Cohort 3
March 1, 2021 - August 27, 2021
MasterTrack Cohort 4
June 28, 2021 - December 18, 2021
MasterTrack Cohort 5
October 25, 2021 - April 22, 2022
Online MSW Program
Once you are accepted into the MasterTrack MSW program, you are eligible for grants, scholarships and other forms of financial aid. For information please refer to the MSW Guide to Financial Aid.
There is no financial aid available for the online MasterTrack certificate.