Contact My SSW Intranet

Main menu

Student Services FAQ

  1. Does the University of Michigan offer a dual degree program?

    Yes, official dual degree programs offered include:

    • MSW/JD (Law School)
    • MSW/MPH (School of Public Health, Health Behavior/Education)
    • MSW/MPP (School of Public Policy)
    • MSW/MBA (School of Business Administration)
    • MSW/MUP (College of Architecture and Urban Planning)
    •  Press enter to read full text...
  2. Does the University of Michigan School of Social Work grant social work course credit for life experience or previous work experience?

    No; however, transfer credit is possible for courses taken from CSWE accredited MSW programs or other accredited graduate-level programs where credits have not been applied toward a degree.

  3. Does the university provide overnight housing for prospective student visits?

    Unfortunately no, but a current student in the MSW program may be willing to host you during your stay. Contact the Office of Student Services and Enrollment Management (734-936-0961 or [email protected]) to inquire about this possibility. There are also a number of hotels in the area to accommodate you. For more information, please visit the U-M Campus Information website.

  4. Does U of M offer proficiency exams for Foundation Courses?

    No, proficiency exams are not offered. However, if you have extensive prior coursework in relevant areas you may qualify for an exemption.

  5. How can I find out which credits will transfer to the University of Michigan?

    Please review the Transfer Applicants webpage for information and a form to request a review of potential transfer credits.

  6. How do I apply for financial aid?

    You must do the following:

    1. Submit a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application and include the U-M Code (002325). The FAFSA can be submitted online at:
    2. Submit the School of Social Work
    3.  Press enter to read full text...
  7. How do I apply for work-study?

    To apply for a work-study award, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The University Office of Financial Aid will provide you a work-study award if you meet the eligibility requirements and if funds are available at the time that you apply. Press enter to read full text...

  8. How do I apply to a special program?

    If you would like to apply to a special program, then please answer "yes" to the question, "Do you plan to apply to an SSW Special Program?" found on the Financial Assistance page of the MSW online application and then check the special program checkbox of the Press enter to read full text...

Contact Us Press escape to close