Contact My SSW Intranet

Main menu

Student Services FAQ

  1. I have a BSW does the University of Michigan offer an accelerated program?

    Yes, the University of Michigan has a three term Advanced Standing program, where students typically complete 45 credits in 12 months. All BSW degree requirements must be completed by Fall Orientation at the end of August.

    To qualify for the Advanced Standing program Press enter to read full text...

  2. I have a work-study award, how do I find a job?

    To review a list of work-study positions, visit the U-M Student Employment Office website. When you see a position of interest, contact the hiring department to inquire about hiring procedures.

  3. I have many years of human service related experience; can I get any credit for that?

    No, the Council on Social Work Education does not allow accredited MSW programs to provide credit for work experience. However, experience does make it more likely that an applicant will be admitted and some scholarship aid is provided based on extensive experience..

  4. I live out-of-state, how can I easily find a place to live? Or find a roommate?

    You can easily find a place to live through various websites or online newspaper listings. It is always recommended that you look at your housing arrangements in person before you sign a lease. You can find a roommate also enrolled in the School of Social Work online at the SSW Housing and Roommate finder.

  5. I've never written a resume; do I need to include one with my MSW application? What if my resume isn't very strong?

    Yes, a current resume is required to complete your application. There is a section of the online application that will allow you to upload your resume. Your resume is an important part of the application and should be well written and highlight your various Press enter to read full text...

  6. If admission is granted to the MSW Program, is an enrollment deposit required?

    Yes, a $300 (U.S. dollars) non-refundable enrollment deposit is required to secure your place in the incoming class. The enrollment deposit is applied to your student account. If paying the enrollment deposit will create a financial hardship, please contact the Office of Student Services and Enrollment Management at [email protected] or (734) 936-0961.

  7. If I am applying to the MSW degree program, do I also need to submit an application to the Graduate School?

    No, to apply to the MSW degree program you only need to submit your application to the School of Social Work. You do not need to submit an application to the Rackham School of Graduate Studies unless you are applying to the Joint PhD Program in Social Work and Social Science.

  8. If I'm admitted to the MSW program but cannot begin the program in the fall, can I defer admission?

    Admitted students may request deferment for one or two years. The Office of Student Services and Enrollment Management will review and make decisions on all deferment requests. Deferment requests may be submitted via email to [email protected].

Contact Us Press escape to close