Contact My SSW Intranet

Main menu

How should I enter my information for a background check if I am a DACAmented student?

All graduate students appointed as graduate student instructor (GSI), graduate student research assistant (GSRA), or graduate student staff assistant (GSSA) positions (collectively referred to as GSA) positions are required to pass a background check. As part of the background check process, you will be required to provide personal identifying information including your name, date of birth, address and social security number. If you do not have a social security number, you may provide another unique identifier (e.g., USCIS#, Alien #) in order to complete the background check process. This information is collected by GIS, an external vender whom conducts all background checks on behalf of the University of Michigan. The results of your background check, not your unique identifier, are shared back to the University.

DACAmented Students

Contact Us Press escape to close