The CASC Social Justice Internship Fund provides up to 2000 dollars funding for students seeking internship, field, or volunteer opportunities in community settings with a social justice emphasis. Supported by the generosity of CASC alumni and friends, the CASC Social Justice Internship seeks to offset a portion of students' cost of living to encourage social-justice-oriented participation in community settings.
- Applicants must provide evidence of demonstrated financial need.
- Applicants must describe how their internship reflects the CASC mission and vision to promote the knowledge, tools, and skills to engage diverse communities in social change efforts.
- Applicants must provide a clear description of their host organization or agency, their specific role, and what they hope to contribute and learn from the experience.
- Priority applications include community efforts that are not sponsored by the university.
- Funding is intended to support personal expenses to assist the applicant’s basic necessities throughout an internship, field, or volunteer opportunity, and can not be used for other purposes, individuals, or entities.
- Applicants are responsible for securing internships and additional external funding. Consult the CASC newsletter for internship and other funding opportunities.
- Receiving a grant from the minor may affect your Winter term financial aid. Students are strongly encouraged to consult with the financial aid office to ensure that receiving a grant from CASC will not have an effect on their financial aid, prior to applying.
- Applicant must be declared in the minor.
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need.
- Applicant must be a returning student on campus in the Fall semester.
- Applicant’s internship must be confirmed at the time of application submission.
- Internship location can be either domestic or international.
- Internship may be paid or unpaid.
- Internship may be for academic credit or not-for-credit.
- Applicant must be able to demonstrate a clear connection between their learning in CASC and their internship experience.
- Application Available: First Week of March
- Application Deadline: Last Week of March
- Applicants will receive notification via email in early April
- If an applicant is chosen for the Social Justice Internship Fund, the award will be included as a part of the applicant’s Winter semester package.
Apply here »