Contact My SSW Intranet

Main menu

DACAmented Students FAQ

  1. What financial aid from the School of Social Work is available for undocumented MSW applicants/students without DACA?

    SSW merit-based and special programs financial awards (Child Welfare Scholarship Program, Community-Based Initiative in Detroit, Geriatric Scholarship Program, Integrated Health Scholarship Program, Jewish Communal Leadership Program, National Community Scholars Press enter to read full text...

  2. What happens if my Employment Authorization Document (EAD) expires in the middle of my GSSA, GSI, or GSRA or appointment?

    Students are not eligible to work without a valid EAD. If your EAD expires in the middle of the semester, an e-mail notification will be sent to the Human Resources contact person in your program and your appointment will be terminated. There are significant Press enter to read full text...

  3. What is the School of Social Work hiring and appointing process for DACAmented students?

    Students with DACA are hired and appointed using the standard process for graduate students.

  4. What types of Graduate Student Assistant positions are available at the School of Social Work?

    Graduation student instructor (GSI) and graduate student research assistant (GSRA) are not available to MSW students; however each year MSW students are employed by other departments and offices on campus.  Please visit the U-M Careers at the U website for a listing Press enter to read full text...

  5. When should I apply to renew DACA to keep my Employment Authorization Document (EAD) current?

    As of October 6, 2017, the USCIS is no longer accepting applications for renewal. Please visit the USCIS DACA Renewal Guidance page for the most up-to-date information regarding the program.

Contact Us Press escape to close