Contact My SSW Intranet

Main menu

Can I work while I am on F-1 or J-1 status?

F-1 and J-1 students are eligible to work on campus up to 20 hours per week while attending classes and full time during official university holidays and in between enrolled terms. J-1 students must complete the On-Campus Employment Authorization form to obtain written approval from the International Center before working.

The primary purpose of F-1 and J-1 students in the US is attending school, according to US government regulations. It is highly suggested that students consider field placement hours and the demand of academic classes before applying to any jobs.

For important additional information, please visit Employment Options for F-1 Students or Employment Options for J-1 Students.

View the Student Employment Office webpage for a listing of open jobs on campus. Note that international students are not eligible for work-study jobs.

Contact Us Press escape to close