Contact My SSW Intranet

Main menu

What kind of funding will be available to me as a Joint PhD student?

The Joint PhD Program in Social Work and Social Science provides all incoming doctoral students with a multi-year funding package that should fund most, if not all, of your of graduate career at the University of Michigan. We combine fellowship awards, graduate student research assistant positions, and graduate student instructorships to offer most students five years of full funding, which includes tuition, stipends, and health care. Students may also apply for other funding from sources within and outside of the University of Michigan. Students in the program have received very competitive pre-doctoral fellowships from organizations such as the National Science Foundation, Council on Social Work Education, American Association of University Women, National Institute of Mental Health, and Hartford Foundation. You may also fill out a FAFSA and apply for federal aid through the Office of Financial Aid.

Joint PhD Program

Contact Us Press escape to close