Return to Campus Guiding Principles
As a part of the campus community, consideration of the University’s guiding principles in the Campus Blueprint plan:
- Prioritize the health and safety of all members of the University of Michigan community with special consideration and thought toward vulnerable individuals.
- Maintain continuity of high-quality educational experience for all students.
- Use real-time epidemiological data to inform decision-making.
- Use an ongoing, robust communication strategy to share information.
- Uphold our core values of diversity, equity, inclusion and access.
- Learn from others’ experiences.
- Be prepared to plan, monitor and adapt as needed due to the ever-changing nature of the pandemic.
Additionally, the staff working group has further identified the following guiding principles specific to SSW:
- Maintain continuity of the School’s vital missions of education, research, and service.
- Adoption of a plan that reflects our School’s core values.
- Support of community building and human connections -- particularly with new students.
- Alignment with guidelines from federal, state, and University with respect to public health safety protocols.
- Continued flexibility in light of accomplishments over the past year, consistent with other U-M units’ policies/plans, and with regard to external forces such as changes in area public school plans and public transportation availability.
- Support for all staffs’ physical and mental health, being conscious that some of our staff have lost family members, friends, and loved ones due to the pandemic.
- Flexibility for all, understanding that a one size fits all approach is not possible with the various roles and responsibilities of different offices and roles.