The University of Michigan has an extensive library system located across the University's campus. Please see the links below for information about specific libraries and services.
- MLibrary is UM’s main library systems website. Social Work students often utilize:
- Hatcher Graduate Library
- Hatcher Library Services (7-Fast library delivery, circulation services and more)
- Shapiro Undergraduate Library
- Taubman Health Science Library
- Art, Architecture & Engineering Library
- Mirlyn is a library catalog that enables you to search and browse the University of Michigan Library’s collection of books, journals, audio/video materials, electronic resources and more.
- Ask a Librarian Click here for live online research help from a librarian (during normal business hours; email/appointment information also provided)
- All Library Delivery Services (Including Mirlyn Get This, Interlibrary Loans, Michigan Information Transfer Source (MITS) and more)
Library Services for Social Work Students
For course guides, tutorials, list of Social Work journal databases and article indexes, visit the Social Work Research Guide.
For online social work journals and newspapers, please visit UM Library Social Work Journals and Newspapers.
For additional assistance, please contact Sue Wortman of the School of Social Work Library Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (734) 764-5198.
Looking for course material on reserve?
Books your instructors place on reserve will be held at the circulation desk on the first floor of the Shapiro Undergraduate Library (Map/Directions to Shapiro). Present the attendant at the circulation desk with the call number of the reserved book to retrieve it using your MCard. You can also search in the course reserve part of the Mirlyn Classic catalogue to find out what is on reserve for your class. You can search by course name, professor name, or the book's author or title, by clicking "Course Reserves" on the top right of the Mirlyn Classic catalogue page.For a quick tutorial on finding reserves please go to: http://guides.lib.umich.edu/findreserves.
For more information on course reserves, please see the library web page Course Reserves Information for Students.
WARNING: There is a 4-hour time limit on course reserves. Fines for late returns accumulate hourly 24/7.
Other Helpful Resources
Virtual Sites allows you to remotely connect to available Campus Computing Sites and access software (SPSS, Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop, GIS and more).
MPrint allows you to remotely print from your own computer to any printer throughout campus, including the SSW printers.
RefWorks assists with collecting and formatting citations for papers and bibliographies.