- Prospective Students
- Current Students
Vivian A. and James L. Curtis School of Social Work Research and Training Center is at the forefront of social work research, teaching and program evaluation.
- Associate Professor Sherrie Kossoudji Cited in Financial Times and NASDAQ
- Assistant Professor Daphne Watkins Research is Utilizing Facebook for Interventions
- Assistant Professor Shawna Lee Using Smartphone Technology to Deliver Interventions
- Associate Professor Brad Zebrack Recognized by American Psychosocial Oncology Society
- Laura Sanders, Esther Ayers and Elise Hernandez Recognized by the Organization of Latino Social Workers
- An Open Door: Holocaust Rescue in the Philippines
An Open Door: Holocaust Rescue in the Philippines
The remarkable story of how President Quezon and Jewish networks created a haven for 1,300 Holocaust refugees, a number exceeding Schindler's List.
The film, "An Open Door: Holocaust Rescue in the Philippines" will be shown and a discussion with Professor Sharon Delmendo of St. John Fisher College will follow.
The Center for Southeast Asian Studies, the School of Social Work (CASC and JCLP), and The Frankel Center for Judaic Studies are co-sponsoring.
Food will be provided.
- The 2014 Election. The Good. The Bad. And The Ugly.
This month we have seen a national election, the Michigan ban on same-sex marriage upheld, the ban on domestic partner benefits overturned, immigration reform resurface and are waiting on a ruling in Ferguson, MO. Additionally, over the last two weeks Michigan has seen several extreme pieces of legislation introduced. As a social work community what should our response be and how we can be best advocate?
Please join the National Association of Social Workers-Michigan Chapter Director of Public Policy Allan Wachendorfer and Director of Member Services Duane Breijak for a social work conversation on what we expect out of the lame duck session and next steps. During this community discussion we will also explore ways social workers can get involved in statewide legislative and policy efforts and how you can easily connect with legislators across the state.
Lunch will be provided.