Preparing social workers to take leadership roles in skillfully and effectively addressing "total health" with clients and communities.
The Integrated Health Interprofessional Education Learning Community (IHIPE) is faculty, staff, students and community partners fostering discussion, learning, research and service focused on education and care delivery models which promote integration of physical and mental health and the growing Interprofessional Education movement.
- Establish an Integrated Health / Interprofessional Education Faculty and Community Partners Collaboration Group to explore curricular innovation regarding integration of Health curriculum (physical, mental, behavioral and spiritual)
- Promote curricular innovations that identify and explore "total health" as a holistic, integrated concept including physical, mental, behavioral, spiritual health
- Provide relevant, cutting edge education and training to prepare the next generation of social workers to utilize skills as Integrated Health practitioners who also possess a strong Interprofessional Education foundation
- Provide targeted education opportunities regarding Integrated Health and Interprofessional Education philosophies for U-M SSW faculty, students and community partners
- Increase the number of SSW Integrated Health Interprofessional Education related courses, events, learning experiences through collaboration with other health science schools and community partners
- Foster research that both informs curricular innovations and adds to the body of literature regarding Integrated Health and Interprofessional Education
The Integrated Health Interprofessional Education Learning Community meets monthly from 12:00-1:30 p.m. All interested faculty and students are welcomed!
View our events calendar »