COVID-19 Information

Contact My SSW Report Sexual Misconduct

Main menu

COVID-19 Information
SSW Students, Faculty and Staff

April 29, 2020

  • The School of Social Work Building is closed.
  • Governor Whitmer's "Stay Home Stay Safe" order extended until May 28.
  • The Michigan Union is now closed.
  • All U-M commencement ceremonies are canceled. We will look at ways to celebrate 2020 graduates in the future.
  • The summer term will be taught remotely. 
  • All Spring/Summer 2020 education abroad programs are suspended, irrespective of departure date.
  • Fall 2020 education abroad programs with departure dates on or before 8/30/2020 must be evaluated for approval by the Provost's Office. 

The School is committed to the safety of our community; the uninterrupted education of our students, including those who will graduate at the end of this term; and to the continuity of services. 


Through May 15 all events at the School of Social Work are being rescheduled or canceled. Please check the SSW calendar for events that are continuing digitally.

SSW Building Closed 

In accordance with Governor Gretchen Whitmer’s 3/23/2020 Executive Order, and the steps the U-M has and continues to take during the pandemic, the School of Social Work Building is CLOSED and only critical/essential workers may enter the building. This includes the facility staff and only those instructors who cannot do their online teaching from their homes. No other access to the building is allowed.


Information for the Michigan Social Work Community


If you have additional questions not addressed above, please email

Contact Us Press escape to close