Contact My SSW Intranet Report Sexual Misconduct

Main menu

Section 1.16.01: Policy for Class Assignments that Involve Data Collection Efforts with the SSW or Broader Community

Students who wish to conduct surveys with members of the School of Social Work, the University of Michigan, and outside communities as respondents and/or disseminate their findings outside of the School of Social Work must follow the university's Standard Practice Guide 303.05 Policy for Research with Human Participants ( ). When people are the subject of research, a university institutional review board (IRB) must review and approve or exempt the proposed project.

Students interested in conducting or disseminating work requiring IRB approval should consult with their instructor and/or the associate dean for educational programs. As approval can take several weeks, this process should be started early.

Contact Us Press escape to close