Contact My SSW Intranet Report Sexual Misconduct

Main menu

Section 1.02.00: Entry to Closed School of Social Work Courses

For Students in the Online and On-Campus Programs
Petition forms to enter a closed social work course are available only on the School of Social Work website at shortly before registration for the appropriate term begins. The form must be completed and submitted online. By requiring students to petition for closed courses, the MSW program director and designees are able to assign seats in specific courses to students who need those classes to graduate or who provide other compelling reasons, regardless of their registration date and time. Individual faculty members are not authorized admit students to their closed courses.

When reviewing petitions for closed courses, the
MSW program director or designee considers primarily whether a student must enroll in a course in order to meet graduation requirements for the given term. While we prioritize allowing entry into classes that meet graduation requirements, we do not guarantee students will be able to enroll in every course they prefer. Other major considerations include accommodating required field placements and enrollment in a dual-degree and/or certificate/specialization program. Instructor preference is not considered grounds for entry into a closed course.

Sometimes closed courses reopen through the normal drop/add process. Students should check Wolverine Access for the open/closed status of courses. The SSW does not utilize the waitlist available on Wolverine Access. Instead, as space in closed courses becomes available, the MSW Program Director or SSW registrar’s office will provide students with denied petitions permission into the course.

If you have questions or concerns about your specific course schedule, please contact your advisor directly or the technical advisors at .

Contact Us Press escape to close