Learning and Teaching During COVID-19

Contact My SSW Intranet Report Sexual Misconduct

Main menu

How to Give

Thank you for considering a gift to the School of Social Work. As we join with the greater University of Michigan to embark on our most ambitious fundraising campaign to date, we invite you to become our partner in shaping the future of our communities and our world.

Our Funding Priorities

  • Our #1 priority, Increase student support
  • Transform social work practice through innovative research
  • Improve the quality of life for vulnerable populations
  • Reach out, recruit and mentor faculty, students and researchers who represent the diversity of our global community

With your support of the School of Social Work, Everyone is a Victor.

1. Choose a Fund to Support

  1. The School of Social Work offers several funds that provide support for MSW and PhD students. To view these funds, along with their descriptions, please visit our giving page. If you would like to explore opportunities for creating a named fund, please contact Susan Himle at 734-763-6886.
  2. If you are interested in creating a named fund that provides support for students, research, or faculty, please contact the Development Office at 734-763-6886 or at ssw.development@umich.edu.
  3. Planned gifts often provide immediate tax deductions and capital gains savings or a stream of income for donors. If you would like to leave a lasting legacy by providing a bequest or other planned gift, please contact the Development Office at 734-763-6886 or at ssw.development@umich.edu.

2. Choose a Method for Making Your Gift

  1. Online Giving

    Use our simple and secure online form to make a gift right now using your credit card.

  2. Mail

    Please enclose a response form along with your check, made payable to the Regents of the University of Michigan. In the memo line, write in the name of the fund that you would like to support. Your response form and check should be mailed to:

    U-M School of Social Work
    Office of Development
    1080 S. University Avenue, Room 4733
    Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1106
  3. Electronic Funds Transfer

    Make a monthly gift from your checking account through this electronic funds transfer option. To initiate Michigan Gift Link, please complete an authorization form and mail it with a voided check to:

    Office of Gift Administration
    The University of Michigan
    3003 S. State Street, Suite 8000
    Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1288
  4. If you are interested in a cash/wire transfer, a gift of securities, or a gift through payroll deduction, please contact the School's Office of Development at 734-763-6886, or at ssw.development@umich.edu.

3. Does Your Company Match Gifts?

You can increase your gift to the School of Social Work by making use of your company's matching gift program. If your company is eligible, request a matching gift form from your employer, and send it completed and signed with your gift. We will do the rest. The impact of your gift to our School may be doubled or possibly tripled! Some companies match gifts made by retirees and/or spouses.

Not sure if your company has a matching gift policy? Use U-M's employer search tool.

Gifts to the School of Social Work reduce student debt, advance critical research discoveries, and help recruit faculty who are leaders in their field. Thank you for ensuring that our students are prepared to address and challenge the world’s most pressing problems.

Contact Us Press escape to close