Learning and Teaching During COVID-19

Contact My SSW Intranet Report Sexual Misconduct

Main menu

How do I send in my GRE or TOEFL scores for my Joint PhD Application?

The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) general test is required for all Joint PhD applicants. For information about GRE registration and preparation, please see gre.org. Please contact Educational Testing Services (ETS) and have them forward an electronic copy of your scores directly to us. Only official results will be accepted, and scores that are more than five years old will not be considered valid. For the GRE, the school code for University of Michigan is 1839 and the department code is 5001. For the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the school code is 1839 and the department code is 95. TOEFL scores are required from all applicants educated in countries whose native language is not English unless they have earned a degree from an institution where the language of instruction is English exclusively. TOEFL scores that are more than two years old will not be accepted.

Note: the GRE is not required for MSW only application.

Joint PhD Program

Contact Us Press escape to close