Reentry and COVID-19 Information

Contact My SSW Report Sexual Misconduct

Main menu

Frequently Asked Questions

If you have questions not answered below please email

Face Masks

  1. Are individuals within the building allowed to remove their face masks to eat or drink during class?

    Yes, you can eat or drink in class, so long as you maintain at least six feet of physical separation between yourself and others.

  2. Do I have to wear a facemask?

    Per the State of Michigan Executive Order, any individual able to medically tolerate a face covering must wear one over their nose and mouth—such as a homemade mask, scarf, bandana or handkerchief — when in university buildings and on campus grounds when others are present.

  3. What are the consequences if I do not wear a mask in the building?

    Your ability to participate in an in-person course as well as your grade may be impacted by failure to comply with campus safety measures. If your wish not to wear a mask relates to a health condition, you may request an accommodation under the Americans with Press enter to read full text...

  4. What if I can't wear a facemask?

    If you require accommodations that restrict mask wearing, contact the Office for Institutional Equity.

General COVID

  1. How are we safeguarding individuals against asymptomatic exposure?

    In addition to the daily health check, the School of Social Work will take everyone’s temperature upon their entry into the building. U-M is requesting all U.S. students to practice enhanced social distancing during the 14 days prior to their arrival on campus. During this 14-day period, students are directed to monitor their health, reduce contact with others, and take their temperature two times a day in order to check for fever.

  2. I don't have symptoms but I want to be tested, what are my options?

    Sign-up for the U-M COVID-19 Community Sampling and Tracking program, a free, voluntary asymptomatic testing program open to students living on or off-campus as well as faculty and staff who work in-person on the Ann Arbor campus.

  3. Where can I find information on the U-M Environment, Health & Safety COVID-19 plan?

    Please visit the EHS COVID-19 website.

  4. Who do I contact if I need more information or want to report a safety protocol?

    Please contact or call (734) 647-0007.

Contact Us Press escape to close