Research Administration Services (The "Research Office") is responsible for all aspects of pre- and post-award research administration of externally sponsored and internal research grants, contracts, and awards. This includes assisting investigators with the preparation and submission of proposal applications, working with sponsors and central units to negotiate contract and award terms, monitoring project budget activity to ensure compliance with University and sponsor policies and guidelines, reviewing and approving sponsored research expenditures, preparing monthly projection reports, and preparing various post-award requests to sponsors.
The Research Office team manages the daily operations of the office and assists the faculty in the administration of research grants, contracts, and awards. Jorge Delva, research associate dean, oversees the operations of the office and provides support to faculty in the development and submission of grants.
We are currently working on:
- 17 proposals to be submitted to sponsors.
- 20 closeouts or extensions for projects that have officially ended.
We have submitted:
- 33 proposals where the funding decision is still pending.
- 85 proposals so far this fiscal year (begins July 1st).
- 37 proposals so far this calendar year (begins January 1st).
We currently manage:
- 134 active grants
- 89 discretionary accounts
- 5 administrative accounts
We have closed out:
- 58 projects so far this fiscal year (begins July 1st).
- 27 projects so far this calendar year (begins January 1st).
We have processed:
- 75 new awards so far this fiscal year (begins July 1st).
- 33 new awards so far this calendar year (begins January 1st).
Information about proposals is updated daily