Office of Field Instruction
IMPORTANT FIELD ANNOUNCEMENTS & REMINDERS:
May 17th - Online Field Placement Application Deadline for advanced standing and 20-month students starting field in the fall. Some Out-of-Sequence 16-month students may also need to apply for field. Refer to this essential field placement information for details.
Field Instructors: Please watch your mail. Uniqnames and passwords have been distributed to your home addresses. Got questions? See our Uniqname Support Document for answers to frequently asked questions.
Student Field Orientation Folder: Preview helpful hand-outs.
The U-M School of Social Work's location makes field placements possible at over 475 agencies. In the field, students apply their classroom knowledge to real-world settings, such as child and family service agencies, government offices, hospitals, public schools, and community mental health centers in geographic areas ranging from urban to rural.
Information on Field Placements
The following are helpful links to information related to field placements:
- General Field Placement Information
- National and Global Field Placement Information
- Field Instruction Resources
- Educational Agreements Forms, Student and Field Instructor Narrative Guidelines and Course Statements
- Field Instruction Deadlines
- Field Instruction Forms
Office of Field Instruction Staff
- Betsy Voshel, Director of Field Instruction
- G. Warren Clark, Field Educator
- Susan Wiant Crabb, Field Educator
- Oliva Alban Kuester, Field Educator
- Stacy L. Peterson, Field Educator
- Leigh Robertson, Field Educator
- William L. Vanderwill, Field Educator
- Lisa Kelley, Administrative Coordinator
- Mandy Wortz, Project Coordinator