Doctoral Program Admissions
All applicants to the Joint Doctoral Program in Social Work and Social Science must demonstrate potential for study for a PhD degree by providing the following materials:
- Transcripts from colleges and universities attended
- Letters of reference
- Statement of purpose, including faculty with whom you would like to work.
- Personal statement (no more than 500 words)
- Results from the Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
- Scores from a TOEFL or MELAB exam if native language is not English
- Writing samples for sociology, anthropology, and political science (30 pages maximum)
Please note that all applicants who are interested in the School of Social Work - Joint Doctoral Program need only to apply to the School of Social Work, NOT to the Social Science Department.
Applicants must also designate one of the five social sciences in which they plan to specialize.